Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Quick Lunch Salad ... with Added Carbs


I was talking to my friend on the phone telling her about how I had a salad for lunch. She congratulated me on my healthful habits... and then I lowered the blow: I added a whole lot of coconut rice to that salad and loved it. I made some coconut rice (recipe to follow at a later date) the other day and had some leftover and thought I would add it to my salad. I love salad without rice, don't get me wrong, but it just adds that extra yumminess of carbs that I so dearly love.


Looks delicious, right? It was. Just combine lettuce, fresh mint, sliced strawberries, toasted walnuts, and cold rice with oil and balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper and there you have it! Get creative - add rice to any salad and it makes it a little more enjoyable (in my opinion, anyway).

Mmmm... carbs are so good...

~ Mari

No comments: