Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Little Skirt Style

I don't usually post about fashion or style here on my blog (mainly because I'm neither fashionable or stylish), but I found these little photo tutorials from Anthropologie to be quite helpful. I own some cute skirts for sure... I just am never quite sure what to pair them with. So, here is Anthropologie's solution:

Pencil Skirts:

According to Anthro, "Pair this belted-and-buttoned pencil with a tucked-in silk blouse, booties and a satchel for a sophisticated look." I think it's pretty cute. In fact, this, out of the six looks, is the one I would be most likely to wear. Too bad I can't afford any piece of this outfit...

Here's what they said about this little number: "A slim belt really accentuates the high waist, while a knit top and skimmers keep things demure." I'm not sure how "demure" this outfit is, but I do like it. Love all the pops of color... especially those shoes!

Mid-Length Skirts:



"To keep the outfit from being too saccharine, throw on a statement necklace and menswear-inspired brogues." Haha... don't want to look too saccharine, do we now? Gotta love marketing-speak. I don't hate this look, but I would be much more inclined to wear a cute gray flat or something like that rather than those "brogues."

There's the flats I was looking for. And dang... those are adorable. What they said: "An orange pullover and a stripy scarf add just enough color to complement black flats and a navy bag." I'm going to be honest... though I love the color combo of orange and eggplant as much as the next gal, I just don't think I would wear it.

Maxi Skirts:

I'm a wee bit short to pull off a maxi as it should be pulled off, but I definitely like this outfit. LOVE the necklace for sure. According to Anthro, "Long and lean, this skirt works well with form-fitting tops that counterbalance the voluminous waves of ombre. Rugged boots, while perhaps an unexpected pairing, help to toughen up the feminine silhouette." See... I am neither long nor lean. 


Well, hello there blazer! This is quite quirky and I like it... but, where the heck would I wear this? It's a little glam for Kroger. Maybe I should get a life and then purchase some skirts. Le sigh. What they said: "For day, wear it with heeled boots and a comfy (but somewhat fitted) tee. For evening, a slouchy blazer is all you need to play up this piece’s drama."


So, there you have it. A little Skirt 101 from my favorite store in the universe. This makes me wish it was a bit cooler outside... and that I lived in a cool hip apartment in NYC and had cool hip places to go.
~ Mari

No comments: