Saturday, November 29, 2008

Nearing the End


I cannot believe that my first semester of culinary school is almost over. It has flown by! Definitely a different experience than I expected. At first, I was very discouraged. Going from university-college to technical college was a larger, more difficult task than I expected. Then, things started getting excited. Instead of making stocks and soups, we were making real food. Then I started making good friends... and realizing what a gem the Rel Maples Culinary Institute really is.
All I have left is one week of school, and my exams. It shouldn't be too bad. In Culinary I we have a written exam and a practical exam, in Bakery Skills we have a practical exam, in Dining Room Management we have a written and practical exam, and in Human Resource Management we have a written exam. Luckily, I already completed my ServSafe Certification exam and passted! That was very exciting.
I will update later at the end of the semester. I need to post my photos of the Holiday Pumkin Oat n' Fruit bread I made for my baking creative project. All in good time...

No comments: