Friday, July 3, 2009

Petit Sweets


Ever since I was a little girl, I have always wanted to learn how to make Petit Fours. They just reek of precious-ness and have always appealed to me (not that I reek of precious-ness...). So, when Chef Hallman said we would be making them, I squealed with glee. Yes, squealed. But, I had no idea how damn difficult they would be to make. Cheeky little buggers.

Those are mine. Covering them with the glaze proved to be nearly impossible, so I thought, "Anything is better drenched in chocolate, right?" They are a little lumpy, but they tasted quite good, I must say. Mine were Frangipane cake with chocolate buttercream, chocolate ganache, and raspberry jam filling. I didn't like the flavor of the cake alone (almond flavoring is not my fav), but all together, it was really very nice.




Here are all of our creations from the class. They were quite cute... and reeking of... well... precious-ness... and hard work. :)
- Mari

No comments: