Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Card Curtains


I love receiving Christmas cards in the mail. Seeing pictures of friends and family and opening cards with glittering snowflakes on them really ups my christmas spirit. And since the cards are usually quite lovely, I like to display them. But, putting a pile of them in a bowl somewhere doesn't quite do the trick. So, I had an idea involving some red tulle ribbon, clothespins, and a little imagination!

You could create this same affect on a window and it would be adorable, but I have a huge iron mirror in the living room that was looking a little empty. So, I decided to give it some Christmas card curtains


All you have to do is tie some tulle to the top of a mirror or window and allow it to fall down the sides. I also tied a piece from the top two corners to really frame the mirror.


Next, take clothespins and simply clip the card directly onto the tulle.

How easy is that? And now I can look at them each day as I walk by! Plus, it creates a pretty awesome frame for the Christmas tree from a certain angle...


Enjoy!
~ Mari

No comments: