Friday, December 31, 2010

Resolutions for 2011

Even though I sometimes think that new years resolutions are a little silly (just because the year changes we have to re-evaluate our lives and fix stuff?), I'm still going to make some goals for myself for the coming year.

1. RELAX. This one is the same every year. In case you didn't know, I'm a little high strung. Just a bit. Hah! I need to relax and go with the flow. I give myself headaches and stomach aches stressing about every little thing in my life and if I did less of that I'm sure my life would be better. But, it's a difficult thing to do for a type A personality to do. So, I'll do my best, but I have a feeling this resolution will be back again for 2012...


2. Get involved with theater. Yep. That's me in Little Shop of Horrors my freshman year in high school. Can I tell you how much I miss it? I did theater throughout high school and college and then I just quit. Well, by golly, the drama queen is back and she longs for the stage! (told you I was a drama queen)


3. Eat less dessert. This is going to be more difficult than any other year because I just happen to be a dessert writer for a magazine. Clever, right? But, I figure I will try to limit myself on the sugar front. I find that when I eat lots of sugar, I crave lots of sugar. So, if I don't eat quite as much... maybe I won't want to eat dessert after each meal. My hips will thank me.


4. Create more art. Even if I just do a little 5x5" painting/collage a day, I think that will be enough to satisfy my artistic urges. If I spent half the time I spend watching TV (more specifically The Real Housewives 0f...well...anywhere) creating artwork, I bet I would also make much more progress on resolution #1.
Happy new year, everyone!

~ Mari

3 comments:

lynn bland said...

Little Shop of Horrors Photo! I remember it well.

Jillian said...

I too, sadly, am addicted to the Real Housewives of ____. All of them. I hate myself while I'm sitting there watching the marathons. And yet I can't ever seem to pull myself off the couch...

I like all your resolutions!! 2011 will be a great year for you! :)

Anonymous said...

The re-design will certainly take some getting used to after all, we been conditioned to the same look and feel for several years. http://www.oneghdhair.com No plastic on it anywhere. north face outlet In my opinion, the video guide will be better. ghd uk [Since this post, I was able to find 10 Fashion Design Blogs/Websites Young Designers Should Know. ghd green butterfly The scarf is this season accessory.