Sunday, January 9, 2011

Pantry Raid


I'm convinced that a person's pantry reflects her/his personality and mine is no exception. Just like everything else in my life, I get it organized to my liking and then, over time, I get lazy putting things back and it gets cluttered. Then I have to organize it to my liking again and so-on and so-forth. So, I'm curious: what's in your pantry?

Here's (the photo above) what's in mine. It's not the largest of pantries, but I can't complain considering I'm lucky I even have a pantry in my kitchen at all. It serves its purpose, but it does tend to burst at the seems when I get home from the Dekalb Co. Farmers Market.

Maybe this isn't interesting to anyone but me, but I'm always curious to know what staples people keep in their pantries. For instance, as soon as I'm out of organic light coconut milk, I have a little panicky moment, I write it on the ongoing fridge list, and I breathe again.

So, here it is. Shelf by shelf - what's in that crazy mess of jars and Snapware...?

Part I: The Baking Shelf
  • Sweeteners: Organic Unbleached Granulated Sugar, Dark Brown Sugar (I just don't see the point in light brown), Icing Sugar (10x), Honey, Molasses, Stevia (I don't use this to bake with, but it's good to sweeten tea and such)


Flours: All-Purpose Flour, White Unbleached Flour, Unbleached Bread Flour, Whole Wheat Flour, Semolina Flour (for pasta and pizza doughs)
  • Dried Fruit: Cranberries, Cherries, Grapes (haha... raisins)
  • Chocolate: 75% Cocoa bars, White Chocolate Bar (I'm not a fan of white chocolate (because it's not actually chocolate), but sometimes I find that I need it), Ghiradelli Large Semisweet Chocolate Chips, Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
  • Other Stuff: Homemade Vanilla Extract (it's just vodka and vanilla beans, folks...) Organic Cornmeal, Wheat Bran, Organic Rolled Oats, Butter-flavored Crisco
  • So, what's in your pantry?

    ~ Mari

    1 comment:

    Lauren said...

    oh gah. i am way too embarrassed to even talk about mine! its disastrous!