Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Everyone's Talking about Chalkboards

No- not the kind in your elementary school classroom. I'm talking about chalkboards used in home decor. I love how it looks and the idea that it can change with your mood. I'm thinking of using the chalkboard idea in our guest room on the HUGE wall we have to the left of the bed. Here are some inspiration photos:

photo from flickr


photo by Tim Evan-Cook





photo from Elle Decor
 
I found this stick-on chalkboard decal here. What do you think?
I want to put it here in the guest room:
 
Maybe instead of all the random goodies on the wall?
The problem is that it's such a HUGE wall... what do you think?
 
~ Mari

2 comments:

Sara said...

Hey Mari,
I remembered seeing pics from your b4 and after of your guest room. Why not hang the pics that are on that wall to the left of the netting above bed? Then put your chalk board in the middle and your "goodies" around it. Just a suggestion. :)

http://workingmommaskitchen.blogspot.com/

Mari Bland Smith said...

Good idea, Sara! I might just try that! :) I will check out your blog!