Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Easiest Candied Walnuts...Ever


So, I have a bag of walnuts in the cupboard. They've been calling my name for a while now. Tonight I thought I would make a salad with blueberries, freshly grated parm, arugula, and walnuts. Then I thought that plain old walnuts were boring...why not make them sweet and crunchy!

Easy Candied Walnuts

1 handful of walnuts
1 dash salt
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. butter
1 1/2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup

Heat small saute pan over medium-high heat. Put walnuts in the pan and toast until you can smell the nuts roasting (4-5 minutes). Watch that they don't burn - I've done it a million times! Add the butter and stir it around - coating all the nuts. Pour the maple syrup in the pan, stir, and add the salt and cinnamon. Evenly coat the nuts in the goop and remove from the flame. Let the nuts cool and crisp up and you will be left with some delicious, slightly sweet nuts that are perfect for a salad... or just to eat by themselves!


Enjoy!
~ Mari

No comments: