Sunday, June 20, 2010

Yard Sale Finds


Yesterday was Yard Sale Day in our neighborhood. There must have been 6 or 7 yard sales going on in our neighborhood alone. So, of course, I took full advantage of all of the junk close at hand. See that super cool chair that just happens to match our decor in the photo above? It was only $25! We got another to match, so we now have an actual dining room where people could sit! YAHOO!



And that, my friends, is my pride and joy. That is a REAL Oriental rug... that was our neighbor's mother's rug from the Middle East. It was $20. Oh... I know. I stilll can't quite believe it myself. Plus, it fits perfectly right in front of our front door. AMAZING! I'm proud of myself because I normally just buy random junk that I don't have a place for but can't live without at yard sales.

Hopefully each weekend in our neighborhood won't be as fruitful or we'll be broke before August!

~ Mari

1 comment:

Jillian said...

Beautiful!!! I have no luck at yard sales! I clearly need to take lessons from you! That chair and rug look so perfect in your house!!