Monday, July 19, 2010

Dirty Little Secret


Yep. There it is. My most favorite summer dessert: Key Lime Pie. I know the picture isn't the best (taking a good picture of a white frozen treat in a white bowl isn't exactly easy), but it tastes amazing. Sweet, tart, and cool on a hot summer day!

Here's why my post has that elusive title: it's REALLY REALLY easy to make. So easy, I'm almost embarassed to post the recipe on here. But, why be stingy with a good thing, right?

So, here it is - my dirty little secret:

2/3 cup Jo & Nellie's Key Lime Juice
8 oz. Lite Cool Whip
14 oz. Fat Free Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 graham cracker crust

Literally, all you do is mix the first three ingredients in a bowl until blended, pour it into the graham cracker crust, and freeze for 1-2 hours (until it's totally frozen through and through). If you want to eat it frozen (that's how I like it), just slice a piece and eat it! If you'd rather it be a little creamier, let it sit out for a few minutes before you devour your piece.

Hope you enjoy it! I just can't tell you how good it is! Hope everyone enjoys it and is enjoying her/his summer!

~ Mari

2 comments:

sailorman1814 said...

Mari, Katherine and I just had our first slice of your "dirty little secret" and it is fantastic. Hard to believe something so simple can be so good. We just got home from a "crab cake cook-off" and I can tell you the pie was the perfect ending.
Cheers, UC

Mari said...

Thanks! So glad you liked it! It really is one of my favorite desserts (especially in the summertime). Give Katherine my love! Hope you're summer is going well!