Monday, March 28, 2011

Herb Garden Transformation

I'm back! I've been a bit on the busy side lately (catering in Atlanta, social media marketing, writing dessert articles, writing videography proposals, helping at an elementary school, working in the yard, etc.), but I've missed you! So, I thought I would post some transformation pics of the herb garden! Who doesn't like some good "before & after" shots? Exactly.


So... here is the herb garden from last year: mint, sage, and basil.
(Not pictured: parsley and oregano)

Here it is a bit later in the summer... I added some sunflowers that promptly died.
Awesome.
And here it is at the beginning of this Spring.
OMG Weeds.
Whew. No more weeds.
I also added a little mulch... because I only had one bag.
Clever, right?

Then I added a few little guys: basil (it's an annual, so it died at the first freeze), dill, and thyme
(Notice how ginormous the mint has gotten! Yay!)

And then.... there was pine straw. :)

So - there you have it! The above photo is what it looks like at this very moment (I literally took the picture about 8 minutes ago). I'm quite pleased with the transformation and I can't wait until the dill and basil get big enough to actually use them! Stay tuned for more yard updates...

Thanks for looking!

~ Mari

No comments: