Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring Spruce-Up

It has poured all day today. Not cool. So, in defiance of the weather, I've decided to post some photos of ways to spruce-up one's home for springtime! In the photo above, I planted an African Violet (Lowe's $5.99) in a giant red cup and saucer (T.J. Maxx $4.99). Then I put some candy sticks (Cracker Barrel 40 cents a piece) in a little glass container (Goodwill 50 cents) and placed a little container of fake raspberries (Michaels $2.99) on a cool tray (Hobby Lobby $7.00). Instant springtime feeling in the kitchen!

Above is a picture of Ryan and my dining room table (not that anyone can enjoy it... we have no chairs yet) ready for Easter! I used our "fancy" plates with some French napkins as placemats. That green mossy stuff is...well...green moss! You can buy it at craft stores and it just rolls out like a table runner (which is what I used it for)! Then I used some white ceramic bunny napkin rings to hold the cheap little pastel napkins from the grocery store. I found some really neat little votive holders at Anthropologie (my most favoritest store ever) - on sale, of course - and put some eggs I found at T. J. Maxx in them and... voila! Instant egg cups! For the centerpiece, I used a bunny statue, a little bunny soap dish (full of eggs), and a dome with a bird's nest under it. I'm quite pleased with how it came out! Too bad we can't eat our Easter meal on it... (again, no chairs)!

Finally, this photo is here at my parent's house in the G-burg. I love this little display on a side table near our family dining table. We just took some china plates and put them on a plate stand, added a nest (from T.J. Maxx), some cool vintage glasses (one filled with acorns), some dried pomegranates, and put it all on a vintage silver tray!
Spring is in the air.... time to spruce!
~ Mari


No comments: