Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Stuff Envy


I'm not sure if anyone else has this habit, but I check Anthropologie.com religiously for life inspiration. Not only do they have beautiful "stuff" (that I envy - hence the post name), they also have beautiful ideas and artsy inspiration of things to do with your own stuff (that probably costs 1/2 of what their stuff costs). I guess you could say that I use them. I doubt they'll mind - they don't put those gorgeous photos on their website, produce stunning catalogs (that are more like photography books), or decorate their stores with such meticulous care just so people will buy "stuff." It's all part of the "Anthro Experience."

For example, I want to live within the photograph above. That Italian bed is gorgeous and the bedding is so different and soft-looking. Mmmm.... me like.

And how about the chair below? Possibly the coolest chair to exist, right?


Even their welcome mats are cool! (And this one is semi-affordable: $42) I love the scalloped edge! So clever... again, I'm having major bouts of "stuff envy" at the moment...


Anyway, I just needed some inspiration and thought I would share! If you don't check Anthropologie.com as often as I do, it's probably a good thing for your wallet (because you might be tempted to buy things! Ahhh!).
~ Mari


No comments: