Monday, April 5, 2010

Bumbles


I'm quite a big fan of bumble bees (yellow jackets, wasps, and hornets - not so much) and I find that I really miss their buzzing in the winter. So, I was happy to hear them flying around our peach tree outside and I wanted to capture them in the act of pollinating (does that sound wrong?).



This guy, as cute and furry as he is, is the stinging kind of bee. That's OK, though, because he was much more interested in pollinating than stinging me. I like how he's lifting his little bee leg and anchoring himself to the branch.


And this guy... is your friend. He is a Mason Bee and doesn't sting! Gotta love him for it. See that white dot on his face? That equals friendliness. :) So, when you're swatting at bumble bees in your yard, don't worry about this guy.



So, I'm gonna buzzz outta here (horrible joke, but I couldn't resist because of the photo)!
Happy Spring!
~ Mari


No comments: