Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Avocado Goat Cheese Salad with Fried Egg


You know how I like a good salad... especially one that will actually keep me full. The lettuce I bought at Costco (in the photo below) inspired me, and can you blame me? Look at those beautiful greens!


So, after I washed the lettuce, I remembered that I bought an avocado at Kroger. I really really really really love avocados...in case you were curious. If you love them too, but have a little trouble getting the green goodness out of them in one piece, here's a little how-to:

How-To Open an Avocado:

1. Insert the knife in the middle and cut (gingerly - there's a pit, remember) it completely in half - all the way around the avocado.


2. Hold the avocado so that one hand is one either side that you've cut into.

3. Turn the avocado with your hands and pull!


4. Stick your knife into the pit and turn it...


5. Ta dah! Now, just take a large spoon and scoop out the inside! And there you have it! :)
Now, back to the salad... I crumbled some goat cheese over the lettuce and added fresh tomato slices, toasted walnuts, the avocado and.... a fried egg! Surprise! It's so delicious!


So, here it is - the salad of my dreams! It's healthy, tasty, and will keep you full. I put a simple oil and balsamic vinegar dressing on it, but you can put whatever dressing you would like! Enjoy!


~ Mari

1 comment:

Jenna Ryan, SelfLoveU said...

Oh my goodness! This is FABULOUS!!! Yum! I am sharing your recipe with my network... I will credit you and send a links your way. If this is a problem, please let me know.