Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Summer Watermelon & Feta Salad


So, I can't claim this recipe as my own, but I do think it warrants sharing. Last year, Ryan and I had a romantic dinner at one of my favorite restaurants in Atlanta - Kyma. It's a fantastic Greek restaurant in Buckhead. And this salad is what they served us first...YUM.



First, get a watermelon. I found this cute little seedless "personal watermelon" at Kroger that worked perfectly! There's always soooo much left over when I use a big watermelon. Thanks, watermelon farmers, for growing creepy little hybridized watermelons! Haha.


Slice that little guy up and put the pieces into a bowl. Then grab an onion.

Sliver it as thinly as possible.


Then crumble some Feta cheese (I used fat free) and chop some fresh mint. Put those on top of the watermelon along with the slivered onion. Next, drizzle the salad with balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.
Now, toss!


The perfect summer lunch: avocado, ham, and arugula panini with watermelon & feta salad. I'm a happy camper.


Yeah... it was good. Not gonna lie. The sweetness of the watermelon balances the saltiness of the feta cheese. Then the mint and onion add a freshness that really pleases the palette. Se delicious and refreshing! Thanks, Kyma! :)


~ Mari

No comments: