Monday, April 11, 2011

Cake Pops


This weekend I went to the Girls State retreat (if you are a bit curious about what Girls State is, check out this post) and wanted to bring a special dessert that would be easy to eat. I've been eyeing these cake pops made by Bakerella for some time now, and just needed an excuse to make them. And here was my excuse! I didn't take photos throughout the whole process because it was my first time and I wasn't sure how they would come out, to be honest! But, they came out great and I plan to make them again!


So, I made two different ones: chocolate cake with raspberry coating (the 1st photo) and chocolate cake with chocolate coating. I decorated them with bright colored sprinkles and some butterfly wings and flowers that I made a while back for Ryan's sister's wedding shower.



So, here is what I did! I put some of them in a little flower pot and some in a basket! (The little bouquet was for the hostess of the retreat and her family.)



I will definitely be making these little cuties again! The ladies seemed to really enjoy them this weekend! :) How cute would they be for Easter? The possibilities are endless!

~ Mari

2 comments:

Lauren said...

so cute! maybe i will try them sometime! i need you to do a tutorial for me!

Mari Bland Smith said...

Happy to do it, Lauren!