Friday, May 7, 2010

It's Official!

Me, Kate, Chrissy, and Lanna

We're official graduates of the Rel Maples Institute for Culinary Arts ... and I've got mixed emotions. I'm so happy to have completed the program, met an amazing group of people, cooked my tushie off, and become a real live CHEF. But, I'm also really sad to leave such an amazing place that was my home for the past 1.5 years.


Chef Joe Cairns and I
That's Chef Joe (aka: my big brother twice removed). I learned a lot about cooking, life, and all kinds of other random tid-bits that I shan't share on this blog from that man. I would definitely consider him my culinary mentor. Man - I'm gonna miss him dancing in the kitchen!
graduates of 2010
It's just hard to believe that it's over! I'm an ACF certified chef. Me. The girl who, before culinary school, hadn't cooked anything other than Easy Mac & grilled cheese. Now I know all the cool culinary terms: veg, parm, mise (en place)... the list goes on.
Well, now that I'm a chef, I have to get a job, right? Haha... we'll see!
~ Mari

2 comments:

Lauren said...

congrats! its a big month, graduating, marrying, officially moving to WR etc!! so fun.

Mari Bland Smith said...

It's a little crazy! But, I'm excited! :) Thanks!