Saturday, May 8, 2010

Splendid Ice Cream, Indeed


It arrived! Our ice cream from Jeni's Ice Cream (in Ohio) arrived in the mail yesterday. And first, can I just say how ridiculously satisfying it is to receive ice cream...on your front doorstep? Amazing.


We opened the box and... there they are! Four pints of delicious-ness (but, we didn't know that yet)! We ordered Queen City Cayenne, Meyer Lemon Yogurt, Dark Chocolate, and Goat Cheese with Roasted Red Cherries. OH my goodness.

First, we tried the Dark Chocolate. It was like eating a creamy frozen brownie... bittersweet with a dry mouthfeel afterward. Hands down THE best chocolate ice cream I've ever eaten.

Then we tried the Queen City Cayenne. When you first put it in your mouth, it tastes like a ligh chocolate cinnamon ice cream with rich undertones... and then you feel it: the back of your mouth and your throat are on fire with sweet cayenne! Genius!


Then We tried the Meyer Lemon Yogurt. You know how really ripe Meyer lemons smell? Well, that's how this ice cream tastes. It is creamy, yet light, and has the perfect amount of sour lemon flavor. I want to eat some again just talking about it!

And how about that splendid flavor combination above? I could barely contain myself over this one. GOAT CHEESE... in ice cream? Holy guacamole, it was delicious! You could taste the goat cheese, but it wasn't overpowering. It was like cheesecake, but with goat milk. Then - there were huge, succulent roasted sour cherries... it was almost too much to take.

In summation, if you want to get someone an AMAZING gift (namely, me. just kidding. not really.), I would send some Jeni's Ice Cream her/his way. I still can't choose my favorite. Each one I taste at that moment is my favorite... in that moment. I can't wait for lunch...so I can eat dessert!
~ Mari

No comments: