Saturday, May 22, 2010

Penne with Arugula, Ham, and Orange Wine Sauce


I just created my first dish as a married lady, and I'm quite happy with it! I had plans for flank steak, but didn't feel like driving to Kroger. So, instead, I used some stuff we already had and created...

Penne with Arugula, Ham, and Orange Wine Sauce

1 lb. Penne pasta, cooked (al dente, of course)
2 handfuls fresh arugula
4 slices of honey ham (from the deli)
1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
grated parmesan cheese, to taste
salt and pepper to taste

For the sauce:
1 Tbsp. butter
1 c. white wine
1 clove garlic, smashed
3 Tbsp. frozen orange juice concentrate
1 tsp. Italian seasoning

In a small sauce pot, melt the butter. Add the wine, dollops of orange juice concentrate, Italian seasoning, and garlic clove. Allow to simmer until it has reduced to half of its original amount.

Slice the ham into strips and saute in a little olive oil until caramelized.

In a large bowl, toss the warm pasta with the fresh arugula, caramelized ham, orange wine sauce, and salt and pepper. Top with freshly grated parm and serve!

Enjoy! Ryan did... :)

~ Mari

Arugula on FoodistaArugula

1 comment:

Alisa said...

Congratulations Mari! I love that look on Ryan's face, Im thinking he couldnt believe how delicious this dish was!I'd love to make this soon!If you won't mind I'd love to guide foodista readers to your site.Just add your choice of Foodista widget at the end of this blog post and it's good to go.Thanks!